Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How do I get fingerprinted?

A. Our agency no longer provides digital fingerprinting services. All fingerprinting is scheduled ONLINE through Morpho Trust. You can contact them to schedule an appointment at or by calling 877-472-6917

Q. Where do I find the ride-along request form? 
A. To request a ride-along, please completely fill out this form and submit it to

Q. What is the Town Ordinance...
A. You can access all ordinances for the Town of Danville by clicking HERE.
(These Ordinances are updated by the Town of Danville. For questions, call them at 317-745-4180)

Q. My vehicle was towed. What do I need to do?
A. If your vehicle has been impounded by our agency, it is located at York Towing in Danville. To obtain your vehicle, you will need to obtain a vehicle release from our administration office BEFORE going to the tow yard, and BEFORE you will be able to retrieve your vehicle. To obtain a vehicle release the vehicle owner needs to be present with proof of ownership and you MUST have a VALID driver's license. If the vehicle was towed for registration or insurance issues, proof of valid registration or insurance will need to be provided. After this information has been checked, your vehicle will be released, and you will be provided with directions to the York Towing Impound Lot. York Towing will require payment before your vehicle is released. 

Q. How do I get a background check?

A. If you need a criminal history, you will need to do this through the Indiana State Police downtown or online at If you need a local background check you need to go to your local law enforcement office. Our department can only give you a local check if you live in the Town of Danville. We do these checks M-F 8AM-4PM. Please allow 24 hours from the time of your request for the check to be completed.

Q. How do I apply for a gun permit?

A. First, go to and fill out the application. Second, go to to schedule electronic fingerprinting. Third, bring your application number to your local law enforcement agency for approval and local fee payment. Fourth, your application will be electronically submitted to the Indiana State Police for final review and mailed to you if it is approved. To check the status of your application, go to

Q. How much are gun permit fees?

A. Visit for the most current fees.
--as defined by I.C. 35-47-2-3

Q. How do I get a copy of a report?
A. Copies of reports can be obtained at the Administration Office located at 49 N Wayne Street in Danville M-F 8AM-4PM. Local crash reports can also be purchased for online at If your case report contains photographs, there is a charge per copy per disk. 

Q. How do I file a police report?

A. Call the Hendricks County Communications Center 24 hours a day 7 days a week at 317-839-8700. If it is an emergency, dial 911. PLEASE do not call our administrative office to report a crime in progress.

Q. What are your office hours?

A. Our administration offices are open Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM. The office is closed for lunch from 12:00 - 1:00 PM. The office is closed for holidays.


Contact Us

49 N Wayne St
Danville, IN 46122
Get Directions

In this Department

Topics of Interest

More Information